Unable to change and celar field value in Siteccore CMS - a known bug

I have been worked on a multi-language Sitecore 8 website project recently. I setup some fields to "Shared" version but changed back to "Non-shared" fields after few days.

I needed to change the value of filed and found unable to change and clear the value. I search in google and found out a Blog post "Not able to change field values after installing a package with the template having it's fields changed." and it explains the similar issue which I was facing, 

But I didn't contact Sitecore support as the post suggests, and just tick the "Shared" version of the field, and there is data lost warning prompt me, and the field value is cleared after I choose "OK" to continue. I can change the field value successfully afterwards! I just changed those fields back to "Non-shared" again. That's it! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top JavaScript courses helping you develop SPFx webPart with ReactJS and AngularJS

SharePoint 2013 error - "Application error when access /_vti_bin/client.svc"

Enable the Microsoft Power BI report file type (.pbix) in SharePoint Search