Registered Tags are droped by Azure Push notification hub

I have been met a strange issue that the registered Tags are dropped by Push Notification hub in some time after registered successfully in Azure.
I use the installation mode to register Tags via a controller function in Mobile App back-end service.
I can see those tags are added to the hub via the server explorer within Visual Studio.

After few days, I run the app again and unable to receive the push notification message target to those tags anymore, and so I went to the server explorer and found those tags are gone!  

After investigation, I found the issue was caused by following code:

// Register the channel URI with Notification Hubs.
 await App.MobileService.GetPush().RegisterAsync(channel.Uri); 

As I didn't provide the template contains tags, and so the register function remove those tags from the hub. After remove above the line, the app can receive message consistently and those tags are there forever now.

However, if I run above code after registered again, those tags won't be dropped. Perhaps any time frame within the native code. Maybe Microsoft has the better answer for it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top JavaScript courses helping you develop SPFx webPart with ReactJS and AngularJS

SharePoint 2013 error - "Application error when access /_vti_bin/client.svc"

Enable the Microsoft Power BI report file type (.pbix) in SharePoint Search